Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course introduces students to the accountable health care concepts defined in the Health Care Affordability Act of March 2010. Students will learn about the numerous challenges presented by this health care reform legislation and gain an understanding of the law's implications for health care managers.
- Summarize the need/context for reform of the American health care system
- Convey the four legislative policy principles which frame the law
- Describe the major programs/initiatives/changes in the American health care system and their associated implementation time frames
- Explain a minimum of three implications for a manager following each lesson
- Determine appropriate resources for ongoing updates and information regarding health care legislation
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.