Time-on-Task: 26 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course examines the intent and environmental, social, and economic impact of
the green building core concepts that are fundamental to the LEED (Leadership in
Energy and Environmental Design) green building rating system. This course will
review green building issues and core concepts of the LEED framework unique to the
services and hospitality industry, as well as the key roles supporting sustainability in
these settings. In addition, this course will provide the skills and knowledge for
learners to become leaders in their organization's overall sustainability efforts and
allow them to identify opportunities for growing this role in the future.
- Define sustainability issues that are unique and of particular importance to the
services and hospitality industry
- Distinguish how USGBC and LEED address the unique needs in the services and
- Describe how LEED core concepts can be addressed in services and hospitality
- Define roles in supporting green building and LEED principles in services and
hospitality settings and in daily practice
- Identify opportunities for advancing a professional path through green building
in the services and hospitality industry
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.