Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course introduces students to the electronic health record (EHR). Students will gain a thorough understanding of both the terminology of EHR systems and the practical use of such systems in a health care provider office setting. Students will also learn about problem lists, assessments, prescription/medication management, exam notes, and diagnostic orders and results.
- Define EHR and identify the various information contained within an EHR
- Discuss the importance and benefits of using an EHR system
- Discuss patient portals and benefits
- Discuss how EHRs can be utilized for research
- List safeguards and levels of security for EHRs
- Identify health care legislation regarding EHRs
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.