: EnglishShort Description
: Our Fitness and Nutrition Coaching course provides all the information you need to coach others to their optimal health. This comprehensive guide will show you all the aspects of health and wellness and how they can be applied to unique individuals. Health is not just the absence of illness but it’s a feeling of overall well-being. This course takes a personalized approach that guides you through the development of an attainable and enjoyable fitness and wellness program. Learn current, practical information and tips on health and fitness topics, from nutrition and stress management, to flexibility and strength. Each individual is responsible for their own personal health, but first they must be given proper information. As a Fitness & Nutrition Coach you will be able to provide people with information they can use to improve their quality of life. Students will also learn about developing a successful coaching business, marketing your practice, and growing profit.
Although many people understand the importance of healthy nutrition habits and good fitness patterns, it is sometimes hard to accomplish goals on their own. A Nutritional Consultant can help clients adopt a healthy lifestyle. Our Nutritional Consultant training provides students with an understanding of how food nutrition contributes to the prevention of illness and the promotion of optimal health. Students learn to conduct in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluations and to advise individuals on food plans customized to each individual’s taste, temperament, and health goals. The fundamentals of whole food nutrition, digestive physiology, metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and current research are presented. Additionally, students will discover how healthy nutrition habits are used in the food industry. Our Nutritional Consultant course will give students the training they need to work with clients of all ages, backgrounds, and fitness levels.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Fitness and Nutrition Coaching course, students will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Health and Fitness Coach (CHFC).
Upon successful completion of our Nutritional Consultant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a nutritional coach and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Nutritional Coach (CNC). Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Principles & Labs for Fitness & Wellness by Werner W.K. Hoeger & Sharon A. Hoeger
• Start Your Own Coaching Business by Entrepreneur Press
• Nutrition Your Life Science by Jennifer Turley and Joan Thompson