: EnglishShort Description
: This Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate exam prep course provides a solid background in green building principles and practices in preparation for the LEED Green Associate credentialing exam. Information on exam policies and procedures, tips for effective studying, and an overview of the LEED credentialing process is also discussed. The LEED Green Associate credential demonstrates basic knowledge of green design, construction, and operations and is used to enhance any number of careers. Students will learn strategies for securing sustainable sites and building materials, forming efficient water and energy systems, combining utility, comfort and quality, reducing waste, and creating innovative designs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify LEED credentialing procedures and policies
• Identify the exam structure and procedure and methods for effective preparation
• Identify strategies for securing sustainable sites and building materials
• Identify strategies for creating efficient water and energy systems
• Identify methods for creating innovative designs based on quality, comfort, and utilityInstructor Description
: This class is an independent-study course. Students will have all the resources needed to successfully complete the course within the online material. A student helpdesk is available for technical support during the course enrollment.Certification
: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to sit for the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Green Associate Certification exam to become a Certified LEED Green Associate.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Guide to the LEED Green Associate Exam (Wiley Series in Sustainable Design) by Michelle Cottrell