: EnglishShort Description
: A dental office assistant keeps the office running by handling scheduling, records, and insurance. The Dental Office Assistant course delivers all the latest information and skill practice you need to succeed, covering the functions of the dental business office, and detailing office technology and equipment. You’ll learn to handle clients through professional communication and critical thinking. And you’ll get in-depth instruction for scheduling, bookkeeping, electronic record regulations and insurance coding (including HIPAA and OSHA guidelines). The median pay for dental office assistants was $29,000 per year (approx. $14 per hour) in 2016. Employment is projected to grow 9 percent from 2016 to 2026.
ALSO: Upon successful completion of our Dental Office Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a Dental Office Assistant in a dental office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA). The cost for taking the certification exam is covered in the course fees.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Dental Office Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a Dental Office Assistant in a dental office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA). Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• The Administrative Dental Assistant by Linda Gaylor