Time-on-Task: 14 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course introduces concepts related to Assisting with Medications for Unlicensed Assisted Personnel. Upon completion of the course, students will know the legal requirements for assistance with medications, be able to identify safety factors involved, and know responsibilities and restrictions when assisting with medications. The course materials provide knowledge and practice of basic skills competencies required for Unlicensed Assisted Personnel certification in Idaho.
- Explain the role of unlicensed assistive personnel in assistance with medications
- Describe legal considerations in assistance with medications
- Explain safety measures related to assisting with medications
- Apply basic knowledge of medications
- Determine procedures for proper care with medications
- Analyze the role of reports and records in assistance with medications
- Explain common problem-solving techniques used when assisting with medications
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.