Time-on-Task: 19 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course offers a primer on common medical terminology for individuals new to the health care industry, providing a survey of medical terminology, symbols and abbreviations, and the application of this new language in the field of health care.
- Explain the importance of medical terminology when documenting and communicating patient information
- Identify the fundamental word structure of medical terminology and its component parts
- Describe the component parts that make up the body
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.