Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course provides participants with the basics of customer service for individuals seeking to work in the healthcare industry. In the past few years, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services have implemented a customer service survey called HCAHPS. The initiative is to measure patients' satisfactions and perspectives on hospital care. The uniqueness of the HCAHPS survey also provides patients' with a transparent viewpoint of their local hospitals and they may choose to which competitor they would like to return their investments. In response to the HCAHPS course, as well as the application of the new Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, health care facilities are reevaluating customer service and implementing new patient service standards and regulations in their facilities. The goal of this course is to provide participants with insight to the HCAHPS survey as well as the tools to provide excellent customer service in their field.
- Define customer service in the healthcare industry
- Explain why customer service is important in healthcare
- Describe basic customer service rules for serving patients
- Articulate all forms of communication in the healthcare field
- Recognize best practices to resolve customer complaints or conflicts
- Explain how customer satisfaction is measured in healthcare
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.